HOW WE FUND

The Annual Give Campaign (AGC) generates 63% of the funds needed for the PTA to supplement teacher positions, teacher stipends, music and art programs, and technology at Lafayette. The remaining 37% comes from our smaller supplemental fundraisers - Fun Run, Sing-A-Long, Raffle, Book Fair, Parking Fundraiser, Spell-A-Thon, Spirit Wear and Smart Money.


ANNUAL GIVE CAMPAIGN (AGC)

The Annual Give Campaign (AGC) is the primary income generator for the PTA. It is our direct-appeal fundraising program. Each family is asked to support the wonderful programs at Lafayette by contributing to the AGC either at the ask amount or an amount that best suits a family’s budget.

PARKING FUNDRAISER

This is a twice-per-year fundraiser that occurs in the school yard during the two Fall music festivals - Outside Lands in August and Hardly Strictly Bluegrass in early October. The PTA hosts the fundraiser, and all funds go to support our programs, teachers, and staff.

SPELL-A-THON

Students study grade-specific spelling lists and gather pledges over the course of several weeks, culminating in a schoolwide spelling exam. Kids ask sponsors to pledge money toward correctly spelled words on exam day. All the funds collected in this event are used to support school programs.

FUN RUN

This fun community-building event and fundraiser promotes physical fitness and good health. Children run a specified distance in a given time and raise pledges for their run.The run ends with a family picnic! It is a great way to spend the day with family and friends while supporting Lafayette.

SPIRIT WEAR

The PTA promotes school spirit and raises funds for programs by selling Lafayette merchandise at our monthly Spirit Fridays and online Spirit Wear Store.

BOOK FAIR

Every year, the PTA hosts a Scholastic Book Fair for a week which includes an evening family event.The idea of the Book Fair is not to raise money, but to put a book in the hands of every student, supplement classrooms and the school library, and to bring the community together.

RAFFLE / SING-A-LONG

The Sing-A-Long is a new community-building event and school fundraiser based on the Lafayette Spring Play. It is held at the Balboa Theatre. Prize winners of the Spring Raffle are announced at the Sing-A-Long event.